AnneShade Associates LLC is an accounting, bookkeeping, and tax preparation firm based in Cranston, Rhode Island. We pride ourselves on empowering small business owners and individuals by educating them on financial literacy, guiding them to make the right tax decisions, and helping businesses and individuals achieve their accounting and financial goals.
AnneShade Associates is seeking to hire a full-time Administrative Assistant to work at our office located in Cranston, RI. The role requires a proactive self-starter with exceptional critical thinking, multi-tasking, and verbal and written communication skills. The Administrative Assistant plays a vital role in the firm operating successfully. You will report directly to the Senior Accountant, President. Your receptionist duties are answering telephones and emails, greeting clients who regularly attend our office, and ensuring that the office is presentable and welcoming. You will provide administrative support by scheduling, maintenance of client data, client files, and essential data entry support. As the firm’s first point of contact for our clients and guests, you will be well presented, professional, pleasant, and welcoming.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, critical thinker, highly productive, tech-savvy, eager to learn, comfortable working under tight deadlines and pressure, great at writing emails that can put out fires, and goes above and beyond to provide outstanding service to clients.
Overview of Responsibilities and Duties:
- Greet clients and visitors in a professional and welcoming manner
- Manage the multi-line phone system in a professional way
- Take in-person and phone messages
- Manage company and the Senior Accountant’s email inboxes
- Schedule appointments and meetings
- Ensure the office is always clean and presentable
- Perform bookkeeping duties (no experience necessary, will train)
- Collect, organize, and file client paperwork and documents
- Carry out the firm’s tax procedures, policies, and guidelines
- Responsible for completing one-off tasks, projects, and duties not listed above
- Handle private, privileged, and sensitive information with absolute confidentiality
- 3 years of work experience as an Administrative Assistant, Customer Service Rep, or Receptionist
- High School diploma required. An Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent certification preferred
- Experience with researching, collecting, and analyzing information, drafting letters and documents
- Excellent writing and grammar skills, specifically business and email writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including effective communication with clients and team members
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong technical and computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe are required)
- Pass a drug test and a background check
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and have proof of vaccination
Salary and Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Bonus Opportunities for Client Referrals
- End of Year/Holiday Bonuses
- Paid Holidays
- Free Parking
- Employee Incentives (meals during tax season, birthday lunches, and paid staff outings)
- Competitive Salary, commensurate with experience
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any characteristic protected by law.